Pages

Sunday 22 January 2012

Cultural Exchange Project

We are back at school and the year has began in earnest. The new Grade 1's have completed their first week, the new students feel at home and the Staff are back in the swing of things.

I have prepared an open-ended project with a school in the UAE in which our Grade 4's and their Year 4's will be sharing information about their Country and their Culture.  We will be making movies, sharing our findings with avatars, writing stories, turning journals into Little Bird Tales and hoping to Skype one another to learn some words in one anothers languages. 

We will be looking at things like:
  • My Class and My School
  • My Pet(s)
  • My Weekend
  • My City, My Country
  • Tell me about...
  • My Culture
  • A Story for You
  • Wrap Up
We will be using a wiki to upload our clips, photo's, stories and discussions. It's only starting this week but I am looking forward to a wonderfully enlightening project. I will track the project and ideas / what works / doesn't work here - in case you want to try something similar.

It's early days, and the Project being particularly organic, may take shape differently to how I envisage - but there is atleast a plan in place to begin.

So, let's begin, shall we!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your ideas and thoughts